As a state, we are well on our way to figuring out how to work from home. A lot of people may think working from home is a dream. Honestly, it’s not for everyone; however, if you are still struggling to get into the work from the home groove, we have a few tips to offer.
Work From Home Tips:
- Get dressed as if you’re going out so you won’t feel lazy. Just because the vast majority of us are working from home doesn’t mean that this is your free pass to wear only leggings and baggy sweatshirts. It’s been proven that how you dress can directly affect your mood and your motivation.
- Set a schedule and stick to it. Each day, make a checklist of what you hope to accomplish by day’s end.
- Include breaks in your schedule.
- Don’t sit all day. Get outside, make a point to get out for a walk every day, or jog to the corner.
- Keep the communication line with the team open.
- Eat a healthy, fresh produce vitamin-rich dinner.
- Stay hydrated
- Work efficiently! Stay focused. Avoid distractions.
- Learn when to call it a day!
Let’s elaborate on some practical tips on cozy couture for bosses, aka what to wear when the seasons are changing, you work from home, and you still want to look comfy chic.
PICK ONE PIECE FOR COMFORT AND ANOTHER FOR STYLE
No one expects a stay-at-home business owner to wear 4-inch heels, and it’s already challenging to wake up and resist wearing yoga pants or leggings during the day. Luckily, you can still be comfortable and make a great first impression. Here are a few comfortable and stylish combos that you can work into any work from home wardrobe:
- a chunky knit sweater with a fitted pair of black jeans
- a tailored pair of slacks with a slouchy blouse
WEAR A STATEMENT PIECE OF JEWELRY
It’s incredible what a simple accessory can do to dress up your outfit. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve worn a simple black t-shirt but added turquoise chandelier earrings, a gold statement necklace, or a cool watch and still was complimented by clients. Yes, even on Skype calls! This way, you can always wear a casual outfit to fit your workday at home.
We are still working on keeping our website updated with designer consignment finds. You can find them on our Instagram feed.